Organizing Magugu Weaving Women Activity to increase their household income. A Case of Weaving Women of Magugu Village Babati- Manyara

Masoda, Mao Godlisten (2013) Organizing Magugu Weaving Women Activity to increase their household income. A Case of Weaving Women of Magugu Village Babati- Manyara. Masters thesis, The Open University of Tanzania.

[img]
Preview
PDF
Download (1MB) | Preview

Abstract

This dissertation was entirely purposed to Organize Women Weavers Activity of Magugu Village in Babati District – Manyara Region to increase household income. Its essence was pin pointed by the CNA that revealed that: the Weaving Women of Magugu Village are earning very minimal to subsidize their living. Though some remarkable steps was taken by host CBO which is Magugu PAG Student Center to train these Weaving Women in some areas of their activity but still some very crucial areas are missed out. The Participatory Needs Assessment conducted to 25 weaving women out of 50 women formerly trained by the CBO came out with the evident needs for Organization for women weaver’s activity. Among which lack of capital to run the handcraft activity, absence of reliable market and marketing skills and identification of other income generating activities lead the discussion with women weavers. The assessment therefore shown that very little was earned to support the living of women and their entire families. Only 4% of interviewed which is 1 woman said she earns above 5000 shillings daily. The rest 96% are getting less than 5000 shillings in a day. This situation therefore finally called for organizing an intervention.

Item Type: Thesis (Masters)
Subjects: 300 Social Sciences > 330 Economics
Divisions: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences > Centre for Economics and Community Economic Development
Depositing User: Mr Habibu V. Kazimzuri
Date Deposited: 22 Jan 2016 06:30
Last Modified: 22 Jan 2016 06:30
URI: http://repository.out.ac.tz/id/eprint/936

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item